Updated: December 29, 2019
The Santa Clara Valley 99s are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Santa Clara Valley 99s may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you understand any changes since your last review.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- If you make a donation or pay dues via our site, or contact us using our contact form, we collect personal information such as your name, billing address, and email address, and other information about your donation or membership or in regards to your inquiry. Any credit card information that you provide is encrypted and transmitted directly to the payment processor; We do not store your credit card information on our site.
We also collect non-personally identifiable information for statistical analysis such as
- date, time, and length of your visit
- the type of browser you are using
- Your IP address
- the name of the web site you are navigating from
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process membership requests and payment of dues and for chapter record keeping.
- We also use the information you provided to contact you to notify you about chapter news and activities or changes to our website.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share your information with trusted third-party business partners for the purpose of providing service to you.
- We will never sell your information.
We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Traffic cookies in no way gives us access to your computer or any specific information about you.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your web browser; however, if you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of this site.
Do Not Track (DNT)
At this time, The Santa Clara Valley 99s do not respond to “do not track” signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our web site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide when visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Internet is not a secure medium. While we cannot completely guarantee user data will be immune from malicious attack or compromise, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
If you have submitted personal information through our website and would like that information deleted from our records or would like to update or correct that information, please contact us via our web form »
Agreeing to Terms
The Santa Clara Valley 99s